NHS BCSP: Resources for the public
NHS Bowel Cancer Screening: It's Your Choice DVD/VHS
Available in DVD or VHS, it explains about receiving your invitation for screening, the screening process, and what the results mean. It includes versions in English, Hindi, Punjabi, Gujarati, Bengali and Urdu, in addition to a British Sign Language option.
Bowel cancer screening: The facts
This leaflet gives information about bowel cancer, and the benefits and risks of bowel cancer screening. It aims to help people make an informed choice about taking part in the NHS Bowel Cancer Screening Programme.
Available in many formats
The facts in English
Large print version in English
The facts (In Other Languages)
British Sign Language DVD
Audio CD set (languages include English, Arabic, Bengali, Cantonese, Polish, Punjabi and Urdu).
A Braille version is also available.
Bowel screening kit instruction leaflet
English language versions of how to use the NHS Bowel Cancer Screening test kit leaflet are sent out with every bowel cancer screening test kit.
PDF versions in a further nineteen languages can be downloaded.
Bowel cancer screening: The colonoscopy investigation
This leaflet gives information about how a colonoscopy is carried out, and explains the benefits and risks of having the investigation. It aims to help people make an informed choice about having a colonoscopy.
An easy to guide to bowel cancer screening
A picture leaflet about bowel cancer screening by and for people with learning disabilities.
An easy to guide to having a colonoscopy
A picture leaflet about colonoscopy, by and for people with learning disabilities.
Programme promotion posters
High resolution PDF files of the screening programme posters produced by the NHS BCSP.
Animated Medicine: Bowel Cancer DVD
This DVD contains 3D medical animations of the growth and removal of a polyp via colonoscopy. It is split into two sections, one aimed at physicians and one at patients.
The DVD content can be accessed here http://www.remedica.com/bowel.
Programme audio and video
Audio and videos providing information about bowel cancer screening.
- NHS BCSP home page
- Programme publications
About bowel screening
- Why screen for bowel cancer?
- What is the purpose of bowel cancer screening?
- How is the NHS Bowel Cancer Screening Programme organised?
- Who is eligible for bowel cancer screening?
- Age extension to bowel cancer screening
- How are GPs involved in bowel cancer screening?
- How much does bowel screening cost?
- How does the screening process work?
- What does my bowel cancer screening result mean?
- How does the FOB test work?
- What is a colonoscopy?
- What are the risks of colonoscopy?
More information about the
- Who does what in the NHS BCSP?
- List of hubs and screening centres
- NHS Bowel Cancer Screening Evaluation Group
- Bowel cancer
- GP Pack (Information for primary care)
- Evaluation of English Bowel Screening Pilot
- Evaluation of the second round of the English Bowel Screening Pilot
- NHS bowel cancer training centres in England
- Use of patient information
- Frequently asked questions
- Flexible sigmoidoscopy
- Programme news index
- Research in bowel cancer screening
- Useful links