My sister has already had her invitation for breast screening even though she's younger than I am. Have I been forgotten?
It's probably the case that your sister is registered with a different GP and the women on her practice's list have been called before those registered with your GP. Check with your surgery that they have your correct contact details and ask them when the women on their list are next due for screening.
- NHSBSP home page
- Programme publications
About breast screening
- What is breast screening?
- What does the NHS Breast Screening Programme do?
- When was the NHS Breast Screening Programme set up?
- What happens at a breast screening unit?
- Why are women under 50 not routinely invited?
- Are women screened over the age of 70?
- Screening women at higher risk
- Does breast screening save lives?
- Does breast screening have any risks?
- What is Digital Mammography?
- Research in breast screening
- About breast cancer
- Programme logistics
- Frequently asked questions
- Programme statistics
- Mammography equipment reports
- Programme news index
- Useful links