My company would like to organise breast screening for our employees. Can we have a mobile on site?
The NHS Breast Screening Programme isn't organised like this. All breast screening units (including mobile ones) serve a defined population of eligible women (aged 50 to 70) who are invited for breast screening every three years based on their GP practices.
If you are interested in encouraging women to be 'breast aware' and to accept their invitations for breast screening we suggest you contact your local health authority to see if they have health promotion people who could help you.
- NHSBSP home page
- Programme publications
About breast screening
- What is breast screening?
- What does the NHS Breast Screening Programme do?
- When was the NHS Breast Screening Programme set up?
- What happens at a breast screening unit?
- Why are women under 50 not routinely invited?
- Are women screened over the age of 70?
- Screening women at higher risk
- Does breast screening save lives?
- Does breast screening have any risks?
- What is Digital Mammography?
- Research in breast screening
- About breast cancer
- Programme logistics
- Frequently asked questions
- Programme statistics
- Mammography equipment reports
- Programme news index
- Useful links