Copies of NHS Cancer Screening Programme publications are normally free of charge for staff working within the NHS, the voluntary sector and for healthcare students.
To obtain details of prices and availability of publications to those outside the NHS, please contact the Department of Health publication orderline:
Telephone: 0300 123 1002
Textphone: 0300 123 1003
Publication orders can be placed via the Department of Health publications website.
Go to http://www.orderline.dh.gov.uk. You need to be a registered customer to place orders. You can register via the orderline website (as above) or call 0300 123 1002 to set up an account.
Orders can also be placed by telephone on 0300 123 1002 (no account required).
Please quote the title and NHSBSP Publication no. wherever possible.
- NHSBSP home page
- Programme publications
About breast screening
- What is breast screening?
- What does the NHS Breast Screening Programme do?
- When was the NHS Breast Screening Programme set up?
- What happens at a breast screening unit?
- Why are women under 50 not routinely invited?
- Are women screened over the age of 70?
- Screening women at higher risk
- Does breast screening save lives?
- Does breast screening have any risks?
- What is Digital Mammography?
- Research in breast screening
- About breast cancer
- Programme logistics
- Frequently asked questions
- Programme statistics
- Mammography equipment reports
- Programme news index
- Useful links