Some leaflets available on a British Sign Language DVD
NHS Breast Screening
NHS Breast Screening (large print version)
NHS Breast Screening (in other languages)
December 2010 | Summary & PDFs
Over 70? You are still entitled to breast screening (in English and other languages)
January 2007 | Summary & PDFs
Breast Implants and Breast Screening
Be Breast Aware
September 2006 | Summary & PDFs
Be Breast Aware (large print version)
An Easy Guide to Breast Screening
Understanding Breast Screening
A booklet produced by Cancerbackup, edited by the NHS Breast Screening Programme.
Copies of Understanding breast screening are available from Cancerbackup/Macmillan Cancer Support, free of charge to cancer patients, relatives, friends or carers.
- NHSBSP home page
- Programme publications
About breast screening
- What is breast screening?
- What does the NHS Breast Screening Programme do?
- When was the NHS Breast Screening Programme set up?
- What happens at a breast screening unit?
- Why are women under 50 not routinely invited?
- Are women screened over the age of 70?
- Screening women at higher risk
- Does breast screening save lives?
- Does breast screening have any risks?
- What is Digital Mammography?
- Research in breast screening
- About breast cancer
- Programme logistics
- Frequently asked questions
- Programme statistics
- Mammography equipment reports
- Programme news index
- Useful links